Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Love Me, Love My Blog?

I've discovered a new, uniquely 21st Century, dating dilemma. We have always had to decide when to introduce a new man to friends, family, unattractive personal attributes, deep dark secrets, etc. Now, I am wondering how you decide when to tell them about your blog. I'm all for full disclosure, but I'm a little afraid there is such thing as too much disclosure all at once. And there are many things I'd rather share naturally and in person than via technology.

Out of respect for the party who doesn't yet know they are being discussed and a desire to keep some things just for myself, I will suspend the practice of sharing specific dating details until a more appropriate time. Sorry.

But first, let me just say that (in my opinion) we had a lovely first date. Long, luxurious, meandering. Fun. No need for any contrived tests - especially after we discussed at length a mutual love of bacon (and loathing of raisins!) and spit off the Aurora bridge together. The best test that I forgot about: I thoroughly enjoyed not only his presence, but the parts of myself brought out in his presence. And awareness of possibility for the person I am still becoming.

Yes, there are plans for a second date.

No comments: