Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What Not to Blog

I keep catching myself in situations where I exclaim, "If only I could blog about this!" Crazy things keep happening to me (or I do crazy things), but for various reasons I'm reluctant to put them out into the great wide internet. Like the juicy details about the aforementioned inappropriate crushes & flirtations. Or making out with my cousin (distant cousin, I promise - but still, how does that happen?!).

It's good material. I'm tempted to share, but wondering where to draw the line. What is fun and/or helpful to write about? What privacy am I willing to sacrifice for the sake of therapeutic catharsis or just good comedy? What if someone I write about reads it? What if my parents are shocked and appalled by my antics? Who reads this anyway?! (Although, there is a link on my Facebook page, so I try to be careful.)

I've considered starting a top secret, invitation only, "High Security High Five". But it gets cumbersome to manage multiple blogs. And probably not necessary. So some tales will remain unblogged. Sorry, we must protect the innocent. Or at least half-heartedly try to preserve our own reputation.

So for now, just use your imagination.

1 comment:

Lee Ryan said...

That's too bad. Your blog life and your FB life are merged. On FB you have to be yourself; on your blog you have a choice.

I'm not so sure about unfriending either.