Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gun Shy

I saw this pendant on etsy recently and was a little worried by how much I loved it...












This winter, one of my fabulous single friends (one of the two, that is...) hatched a plan for us to follow directions from the book "Love in 90 Days" to get back up on the horse. It sounded like something that I would usually be up for (embracing how silly it might be). Yet for some reason I couldn't get myself to even crack the book when it came from the library. (She had told me that the author made you start by saying "hello" to 5 guys, and that was too much for me.)

I've spent the nine months since the end of my last romantic entanglement feeling like dating was the last thing I wanted to do, even though I wanted to want to - feeling like the last outsider at baby shower after baby shower, but powerless to even take a first step anywhere near that road. The only flutters I've even felt have been in completely unlikely or unwise circumstances. I may be guarding my heart from anything that could be real, i.e. anything that could actually hurt. Again.

And I seem to have even gained some weight back to make sure to keep them away.

But the good news is actually that I'm feeling like I might be able to stand to consider trying it again - if and when an opportunity arises. Maybe.

1 comment:

honeybee said...

Well maybe you should get this necklace instead to get over being gun shy . . .and possibly attract some NRA hotties as well. ;) Kidding.
http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/pistol-charm-necklace.html


I want to see this book, what does it tell you to do?!