Sunday, January 27, 2008

Parties Need Crafts, and Crafts Need Parties

I hate parties where you don't know people. Standing around trying to think of things to say. Field wide open for new people to judge me. Even if I love the host and I theoretically trust that their friends will be lovely as well, I still have a hard time getting myself there. Sometimes I just don't.

But I recently went to a party that bridged this... with champagne and a craft! Fabric collage postcards sewn to cardstock. (Apparently you can really mail them!) Everyone was busy with the fun task at hand, and conversation flowed (or didn't, no big deal) as we pleasede.

Brillliant! (Except for the people who fear art projects more than new crowds of people, sorry. But we could gently guide you to your creativity...) Kids parties, duh. Why not adult birthdays and family gatherings? And how about skipping the toilet paper wedding dresses and measuring the pregnant belly? We're thinking of going into business...

No comments: