Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Whole New Bag

Inspiration can be around every corner. I see something, get an idea, another builds on that. With each idea, my spirit lifts. Possibility.

But too often something happens between idea and action. Perfectionism. Unstarted projects often hang around (often for years). Taunting me.

But something has been knocked loose recently. With encouragement from the right company, the possibility outweighs the fear. And once I get started, I can feel my brain chemistry change for the better. For the moment, it's somehow worth the risk to get into that space. Here's an oilcloth bag I cooked up while at Stitches and conquered within a week - unheard of for a sewing project in my world.


And here's a custom birthday crown for a friend's 50th. Any excuse for a little decoupage and glitter. And a reason to use grommets! Basic idea shamelessly stolen from cute novelty shop, with a few personal twists...


Hmm. What's next?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

am loving the blog :-)
random thought...have you thought about posting your pics of your work somewhere? say like flickr or any other number of photo sharing sites?